Tough days with a smile...

Today I found myself happy. Woke up in a great mood and thought to myself, it's going to be a good day. Little did I know that my mood can reach a peak, and then sink to the lowest of lows.

Days like today make me realize that I am still human. That mourning is such a long process. That the feeling is still there, yet it's covered up by the events that take place in a whole day.

Today is one of those days, where I wish for Ann to be here. To tell me it's all going to be just fine. To hug me. To make me feel like the mother I was destined to be.

It's hard to fill a void. It's hard to sum up the range of emotions that I go through sometimes. Most of the time I can assure myself that I'll hang tight, push forward and just smile. Even with tears streaming down my cheeks, flooded with every memory of Ann, I push forward and continue the fight. If Ann fought bravely against that pesky brain tumor, why can't I?

Why can't I be brave just like her?


Comments

Popular Posts